A year after the launch of Samsung Wave I, Samsung Wave III arrived. The third generation of the Wave models runs a completely redesigned Bada OS 2.0, featuring bigger and better 4-inch touch screen. The new Bada 2.0 has some pleasantly surprising changes comparing to the first version of this OS: the redesigned home screen, gallery, internet, browser, etc.
Samsung S8600 stands for entertainment, and one of its main points is multimedia, just like in its previous versions. Large SuperAMOLED touch screen, supporting 16 million colours and protected by a Gorilla Glass covering, is great for watching videos, browsing the internet, etc. And it should be mentioned that this mobile phone has the ability to add subtitles thanks to its support of Divx / Xvid, MP4, MKV formats.
Taking everything in consideration, Samsung S8600 Wave 3 presents as an excellent device. It has so many great features that set it as a leading smartphone. The Bada upgrade looks great, with User Interface which is very easy to use. It seems that the Wave 3 has more that enough to offer against the wide range of Android smartphones.
- 4″ 16M-color SuperAMOLED capacitive touchscreen, scratch-resistant WVGA (480 x 800 pixels)
- Built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS support, digital compass, Samsung LBS powered by ROUTE 66
- 5 MP autofocus camera with touch focus and LED flash, geotagging, face, smile and blink detection
- 1GB storage for media, 2GB storage for apps, microSDHC memory card slot
- DivX/XviD/H.264/MKV video support with subtitles, AC3 audio support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n connectivity, Wi-Fi Direct support, Wi-Fi tethering
- Webkit-based Samsung Dolphin Browser with Flash Lite support
- Standard microUSB port and Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- Voice recognition for both dictation and commands
- YouTube client, Facebook and Twitter integration
- Quad-band GSM support with dual-band HSPA
- Stereo FM radio with RDS, FM recording
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack, TV out
- 1.4 GHz Scorpion single-core CPU
- Bada OS 2.0 with Samsung Apps
- 720p video recording at 30fps
- Slim and solid metal body
- Good audio quality
- Dimensions: 125.9 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 122 g