LG Shows Off Its New UX 4.0 Interface
LG seems to be ready to launch the LG G4 (April 28), and along with it a new version of its UI. The company hinted that LG UX 4.0 will arrive with the G4, and detailed the new features that will debut in UX 4.0.
In a short promo video released yesterday, the company recounted the key features of its previous UI versions, which UX 4.0 is based on: the Quick Memo and the QSlide (first), the KnockON and the KnockCode (second), Gesture and Touch shooting options (third).
What’s New in UX 4.0?
- Manual Camera Mode – the LG G4 will offer three camera modes, and you will be able to choose the one that you feel the most comfortable with. Maybe it will be the Simple point-and-shoot mode, perhaps the Basic one, or the Manual mode, which will give you full control over the camera settings.
- Quick Shot – the Quick Shot mode will turn the volume down button into a shutter button. This will let you activate the camera and take a picture quickly.
- Smart Bulletin - similar to Google Now, the Smart Board gathers key data – calendar alerts, news, health – in one place, so it’s easier for you to view it.
- Improved Gallery – photos will be grouped based on events and locations, which should make it easier for you to find your photos.
- Smart Notice - here to help you out by giving you suggestions on what to do based on the weather, your location, etc.
The LG G4 should arrive with a 5.5″ QHD screen,a Snapdragon 808 chipset, 3GB of RAM, a 16-megapixel (2160p) main camera, and an 8-megapixel selfie camera.0